WFL is entirely human curated – Full Membership & Featured Listings are £18 per year
Payment of £18 Annual Membership Subscription including Featured Listing is via Paypal
then please submit all your listing information (see checklist below) via email.
NB. Only fully completed listings / upgrades can be published as featured businesses.
Please email me email@example.com with any questions or enquiries
Please include your information in this order:
Preferably send as plain text email rather than pdf’s, docs, spreadsheets & XL etc etc
1) Business name (this is the listing title) and link for website homepage
2) “SHOP ONLINE – BUY NOW” link option at the top of the listing – if you have a specific online shop section or shop page setup – add your online shop main page url.
3) Full description of the business (min 250 words) including information about who runs the business, what you do, where you are, what is offered and what makes you unique / different etc.
Please start with “xyz business is …” etc etc as this is always linked at the start to your homepage for consistency of style.
The longer description of your business is a big part of what gives our directory a unique quality and genuine interest to visitors – leading to better results for you.
NB. Description must be at least 250 words long otherwise your listing cannot be upgraded to a complete featured listing.
In addition to the homepage link at the start of the description we add additional relevant deep links to internal pages of your site within the description at our editorial discretion (including the anchor text used) depending on the length and quality of the copy.
IMPORTANT. Please DO NOT just cut and paste huge chunks of your website copy to make the description as this is bad SEO for both your website and ours – submitted descriptions are checked via copyscape to make sure they not duplications.
4) Bullet pointed list of between 5-12 highlights – what you do or things you offer.
Trade memberships / Awards / Qualifications
5) Trade memberships, awards & qualifications with links to membership if applicable
6) Please include full postal address including postcode for correct mapping
Name: (contact / owner)
7) Main social media links – please use complete links not just handles
Plus any other relevant social media links for your niche
*Social Boost – We post on our Facebook and twitter that you have joined wefindlocal.co.uk with a link to your new listing, we also follow & like your FB and twitter accounts etc and we also regularly share and re-tweet members posts and tweets on an ongoing ad-hoc basis.
Categories / Quick Facts
8) Business tagline of 5-8 words to sum up what you offer / what your business does.
9) Your opening hours or “By Appointment Only”
10) Relevant / preferred business categories (max 12) use those already listed if possible – additional suggestions IF applicable broad categories are not already listed (we will add them if appropriate).
11) 3+ horizontal images (min) reflective of the business, who your are and what you do. You can put a total of up to 12 images of any shape in the gallery on your listing. Please send images in jpeg format and we will edit and crop to the size required. Make sure you have full rights to use the images for PR purposes including permission for us to you them for your listing.
12) We send out a monthly (at most) members e-newsletter (with opt out) and also offer free shop window / car stickers which we can post out for members on request.
Examples of complete featured listings
Please see links below for good examples of completed featured listings and the information to include etc …
We are aiming to build a quality ad free directory of unique, independent & local businesses, people & places across the UK … which is why the NAP+W listings wee create & featured listings we accept have to be interesting, thorough, informative and about businesses that fit our directory.
We look forward to helping you promote and grow your business.
Cheers Rob Lacey